Verb + Object + preposition (1)
Посмотрите на список конструкций
глагол + дополнение + предлог:
accuse someone OF (doing) something (см. также Unit 60b):
- Tom accused Ann of being selfish.
- Three students were accused of cheating in the examination.
ask (someone) FOR something:
- I wrote to the company asking them for more information about
однако: `ask (someone) a question' (без предлога)
blame someone/something FOR something:
- Everybody blamed me for the accident.
или blame something ON someone/something:
- Everybody blamed the accident on me.
Также говорят: `(someone is) to blame for something':
- Everybody said that I was to blame for the accident.
borrow something FROM someone:
- I didn't have any money. I had to borrow some from a friend of
charge someone WITH (an offence / a crime):
- Three men have been arrested and charged with robbery.
congratulate someone ON (doing) something (см. Unit 60b):
- When I heard that he had passed his examination, I phoned him
to congratulate him on his success.
divide/cut/split something INTO (две и более части):
- The book is divided into three parts.
- Cut the meat into small pieces before frying it.
do something ABOUT something
(= делать что-то, чтобы улучшить ситуацию):
- The economic situation is getting worse and worse. The
government ought to do something about it.
explain (a problem / a situation / a word и т.д.) TO someone:
- Can you explain this word to me?
(но не `explain me this word')
также: `explain (to someone) that/what/how/why ...'
(запомните порядок слов):
- Let me explain to you what I mean.
invite someone TO (a party / a wedding etc.):
- Have you been invited to any parties recently?
leave (a place) FOR (another place):
- I haven't seen her since she left home for work this morning.
point/aim something AT someone/something:
- Don't point that knife at me! It's dangerous.